Stereo sound for the serious listener
One thing all audiophiles have in common is their tireless pursuit of pristine stereo sound. That's why we love a good classic-style integrated amp like the Yamaha A-S1100. Its meticulous internal design is driven by one important objective: to serve your speakers a steady diet of clean power so they can perform to their fullest potential, while preserving every detail of your music. Combining Yamaha's latest audio technology with vintage-style features, the A-S1100 is a modern take on a classic amp, without any extraneous features coming between you and your music.
Quality construction, inside and out
Yamaha's A-S line of integrated amps is a favorite among some of our savviest audiophile customers, and the A-S1100 looks to be another winner. If you're among those discerning enough to pick one up, we can't wait to hear what you think of it. Probably the first thing you'll notice when you unbox your new A-S1100 is its substantial weight. That's a great indicator of its high-quality internal components. Externally, this retro-styled amp has plenty of "wow" factor, too. Its aluminum front panel and piano black wooden side panels make it an eye-catching centerpiece for your stereo system. Refined utilitarian accents like machined aluminum knobs and softly illuminated level meters provide the finishing touches to the A-S1100's stylish look.
Clean, pure sound
The A-S1100 has inputs for six analog audio components, including a turntable. This amp owes its impressive stereo performance in large part to Yamaha's Floating and Balanced Power Amplifier design. It employs a symmetrical layout with isolated circuitry, ensuring a high signal-to-noise ratio and a large, well-defined soundstage. This design separates the power amp circuit from the ground, so sound quality isn't adversely affected by tiny voltage fluctuations. The fully balanced signal path ensures an ultra-low-noise signal. Pure brass speaker terminals — contoured to the shape of human fingers so they're easy to turn and fasten tightly - reflect Yamaha's obsession with quality. They've taken pains to ensure that this final, critical link in the audio chain provides a secure connection for your speakers without impacting sound quality.
- 90 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.07% THD
- 150 watts x 2 channels into 4 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.07% THD
- 4-ohm capability allows use with a wide range of speakers
- signal-to-noise ratio: 100 dB (CD), 90 dB (phono MM), 83 dB (phono MC)
- large illuminated level meters (VU or peak) for left and right channels
- large-capacity power supply delivers energetic, dynamic sound with a fast response
- symmetrical amp layout separates left and right channel circuits for improved signal-to-noise ratio
- aluminum front panel and wood side panels
- discrete phono preamplifier
- rotary bass and treble controls
- front-panel switching for 2 pairs of speakers
- all-stage fully discrete configuration for strong reproduction of high frequencies
- electronic volume control for optimum sound dynamics
- low-impedance design ensures powerful bass response
- parallel volume and tone controls
- remote control
Connections and Dimensions
- 6 pairs of RCA audio inputs, including MM (moving magnet)/MC (moving coil) phono input
- 1 stereo RCA record output
- Main Direct Input lets you connect the A-S1100 to a surround sound receiver or pre/pro to power your home theater's front left and right speakers
- 2 pairs of heavy-duty brass screw-type speaker terminals
- full-size headphone jack
- 12-volt trigger and remote in/out for use with external controllers
- detachable power cord
- 17-1/8"W x 6-1/8"H x 19-3/16"D
- weight: 51.4 lbs.