Fantastic PSB sound in a compact design
The compact PSB Alpha PS1 powered speaker system can fit on even the most space-challenged desks and bring your music to life with surprising punch. To be honest, we're not really too surprised. That's because PSB conducts rigorous testing and research at Canada's National Research Council to ensure all their speakers deliver outstanding performance in the real world. No tricks here, just solid, thoughtful engineering for refined, true-to-life sound. Add in the beautiful high-gloss finish, and you have a speaker that's ready to impress.
Turn your desktop into a concert hall
Despite their tiny footprint, these speakers have the power to fill a small- to medium-sized room with rich, robust sound. They each feature a 3-1/2" metalized polypropylene woofer and 3/4" aluminum dome tweeter designed to deliver the same smooth response off to the sides of the speaker as directly in front. This allows the Alpha PS1s to "disappear" while projecting a large and detailed soundstage. And the speakers' rounded shape offers a stylish look for your desktop.
Quick and simple set up
Hooking up these speakers is easy and straightforward. RCA and minijack inputs let you listen to music from your computer or a portable player, like an iPod®, or another audio source. A line-level subwoofer output makes it easy to expand your system to include an optional powered subwoofer. The Alpha PS1 also includes a 2 x 20-watt power amplifier built into the left speaker, so you just make a simple connection between the left and right speakers using the included cable. The universal power supply with both EU and US power cords works with any AC voltage, making it convenient for world travelers.
PSB Alpha PS1
- powered multimedia stereo speakers
- two 20-watt RMS amplifiers built into left speaker
- frequency response: 80-22,000 Hz (±3dB)
- each speaker features:
- one 3/4" aluminum dome tweeter
- one 3-1/2" metalized poly cone woofer
- acoustically engineered ABS cabinet with UV coating
- rear-mounted volume control
- rear-panel minijack input for connecting an audio source
- rear RCA stereo line-level input
- rear USB power output allows you to charge a connected device (does not support audio transfer)
- RCA mono subwoofer line output
- outboard power supply and power cord included
- 4-1/2"W x 7-11/16"H x 7-9/16"D (each)