Elegant design and warm, relaxed sound
Pro-ject celebrated their 25th anniversary by introducing a ‘table that combines the best of past and present. The well-named Classic features a solid wood chassis that harkens back to vintage designs from the ‘60s and ‘70s. The modern technology inside reflects Pro-ject's quarter century of intelligent turntable design. This 'table's beautiful looks will enhance any room, as it delivers the special music mojo that makes us cherish records from any era.
Innovative technology produces a Classic sound
For this 25th-anniversary offering, Pro-Ject uses a finely balanced, heavy aluminum platter with a sandwiched layer of Thermoplastic Elastomer (TPE) around its perimeter — it's a proven method for reducing the resonance that lesser platters can produce. Six TPE balls isolate the wooden chassis from the floating sub-chassis, which helps isolate the platter and tonearm from vibrations of the motor.
The new carbon fiber-clad aluminum tonearm is pre-fitted with an Ortofon 2M Silver cartridge, which uses silver spools in the cartridge body to provide a more precise sound. Music will sound deeper, richer, and more dynamic than ever.
Pro-Ject knows that turntable setup can be a challenge for the novice. That's why this 'table comes out of the box virtually ready to play. Its factory-mounted tonearm and cartridge take the guesswork out of getting started, so you can enjoy optimized sound quality with minimal effort. A few minutes to dial in key settings like tracking force, anti-skating, and platter speed are all that's needed to experience musical revelations waiting for you on your favorite records.
Pro-Ject The Classic
- 2-speed manual belt-drive turntable
- one-piece carbon fiber clad aluminum tonearm with advanced bearing structure for superior rigidity and reduced resonance
- includes pre-mounted Ortofon 2M Silver moving magnet cartridge with silver spools in the cartridge body for exceptional resolution and detail
- heavy aluminum platter with TPE (Thermoplastic Elastomer) technology effectively damps unwanted resonance
- precision chrome-plated stainless steel and bronze bearing system with Teflon® bottom for smooth, quiet platter rotation
- felt platter mat supplied to protect records from scratches
- adjustable azimuth and VTA allow you to use various cartridges
- wooden chassis with aluminum/MDF sub-chassis "floating" on six TPE bearings for reduced vibration
- low-noise AC motor decoupled from base for reduced vibration transmission and better sound
- external power supply with ultra-precise DC-driven AC generator for speed stability
- manual operation with silicone-damped tonearm lift
- 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds (manual speed change)
- speed variance: 0.15% at 33-1/3 rpm , 0.12% at 45 rpm
- wow and flutter: 0.11% at 33-1/3 rpm, 0.1% at 45 rpm
- signal-to-noise ratio: 71dB
- gold-plated RCA and ground terminal connectors (cable included)
- requires a phono preamp or phono input on receiver or preamplifier
- 18-1/8"W x 5-3/16"H (with dust cover down) x 13-13/16"D
- weight: 22.48 lbs.