Savor the sweet sounds of vinyl
For an outstanding listening experience, give Pro-Ject's RPM 3 Carbon a spin. Turntables like this demonstrate why audiophiles remain so enthusiastic about analog sound. Precise construction and careful attention to design and materials allow this player to retrieve ear-opening layers of sonic detail from the grooves of your favorite albums. Its striking appearance and high-gloss piano lacquer finish make this 'table look every bit as good as it sounds.
A focus on performance
The RPM 3 Carbon's unusual boomerang-shaped MDF chassis does more than just look cool — it also resists vibrations that can smear sonic detail. The 'table rests on three vibration-damping cone feet that further reduce noise. The heavy MDF platter is topped by an integrated mat made from recycled record vinyl, and spins on an inverted bearing with a ceramic ball for smooth, silent rotation and reduced rumble. The motor is driven by an ultra-precise AC generator with a DC power supply for enhanced speed stability. The isolated motor assembly and belt drive system keep motor vibration away from the chassis, preventing noise from being transferred to the cartridge.
The RPM 3 Carbon's advanced, S-shaped 10" tonearm boasts carbon fiber, aluminum, and resin construction for superior rigidity, strength, and maximum internal resonance damping. A damped, offset counterweight design lowers the arms center of gravity to improve tracking — a big help with warped records. And the RPM 3 Carbon comes outfitted with an easy-to-use magnetic anti-skating mechanism for faster setup.
Includes a Sumiko Blue Point No.2 phono cartridge
A longtime favorite with audiophiles, the Sumiko Blue Point No. 2 phono cartridge comes pre-mounted and ready to go on the RPM 3 Carbon. This high-output moving coil cartridge offers outstanding performance, serving up the warm, rich sound of vinyl with remarkably smooth tonal balance plus plenty of musical detail and resolution. The Blue Point No. 2 also boasts a nude-mounted, elliptical diamond stylus to minimize friction and wear on your treasured LPs, while providing a longer usable lifespan. Its high-output voltage design means direct compatibility with the phono inputs on many receivers and amps, eliminating the need for an additional moving-coil preamp.
Pro-Ject RPM 3 Carbon
- 12" resonance-optimized medium density fiberboard (MDF) platter with integral recycled record vinyl mat
- precision inverted bearing with ceramic ball for smooth platter rotation, greater speed accuracy, and low wow-and-flutter
- extra-long 10" one-piece S-shaped tonearm made from carbon fiber, aluminum, and resin for better rigidity and internal vibration damping, plus reduced tracking angle error
- includes pre-mounted Sumiko Blue Point No. 2 high-output moving coil cartridge
- tonearm offers adjustment of vertical tracking angle and azimuth for optimized playback performance and cartridge-matching
- medium density fiberboard (MDF) plinth with three vibration-absorbing cone feet
- 15-volt AC motor driven with ultra-precise AC generator and DC power supply
- magnetic anti-skating for easy setup and more precise tracking
- isolated motor assembly optimized for low noise and speed stability
- manual operation with silicone-damped tonearm lift
- 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds with manual speed change
- speed drift: ±0.19% at 33 RPM, ±0.08% at 45 RPM
- wow and flutter: ±0.14% at 33 RPM, ±0.11% at 45 RPM
- signal-to-noise ratio: 71 dB
- detachable RCA audio cable included
- tracking force gauge included
- external power supply reduces likelihood of electro-mechanical interference
- dust cover not included
- weight: 12.1 lbs.
- 16-5/8"W x 4-11/16"H x 14-11/16"D