Great looks and even better sound
The RPM 1 Carbon's striking looks are just the beginning of this turntable's appeal. Pro-Ject follows through with a healthy dose of top-notch sound quality. Their minimalist design philosophy focuses on the features that benefit sonic performance — no unnecessary bells and whistles here. With its simple, elegant appearance and handsome high-gloss finish, this table will look and sound fantastic perched on your audio rack.
Features that focus on performance
A look under the platter reveals the RPM 1 Carbon's unusual three-point low-resonance MDF chassis. This triangular-shaped design helps resist vibrations that can smear sonic detail. The RPM 1 Carbon's heavy MDF platter spins on an inverted bearing with a ceramic ball for smooth, silent rotation. The motor is driven by an ultra-precise AC generator with a DC power supply for enhanced speed stability. The isolated motor assembly and belt drive system keep motor vibration away from the chassis, preventing noise from being transferred to the cartridge.
The table's S-shaped tonearm is made from carbon fiber, aluminum, and resin for maximum rigidity and internal damping that minimize resonance. An offset, TPE-damped counterweight design lowers the arms center of gravity to improve tracking — a big help with warped records. And the RPM 1 Carbon comes outfitted with an easy-to-use magnetic anti-skating mechanism for faster setup.
Pro-Ject RPM 1 Carbon
- 12" resonance-optimized medium density fiberboard (MDF) platter with felt mat
- precision inverted bearing with ceramic ball for smooth platter rotation, greater speed accuracy, and low wow-and-flutter
- one-piece S-shaped tonearm made from carbon, aluminum, and resin for better rigidity and internal vibration damping
- includes pre-mounted Sumiko Pearl moving magnet cartridge
- tonearm offers easy adjustment of vertical tracking angle and azimuth for optimized playback performance and cartridge-matching
- medium density fiberboard (MDF) plinth with three nylon cone feet
- 15-volt AC motor driven with ultra-precise AC generator and DC power supply
- magnetic anti-skating for easy setup and more precise tracking
- isolated motor assembly optimized for low noise and speed stability
- manual operation with silicone-damped tonearm lift
- 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds with manual speed change
- speed drift: ±0.27% at 33 RPM, ±0.19% at 45 RPM
- wow and flutter: ±0.14% at 33 RPM, ±0.13% at 45 RPM
- signal-to-noise ratio: 71 dB
- detachable RCA audio cable included
- tracking force gauge included
- external power supply reduces likelihood of electro-mechanical interference
- dust cover not included
- weight: 7.3 lbs.
- 14-15/16"W x 4-7/8"H x 13-1/2"D