Small amp with a big sound
If you crave the kind of effortless, detailed sound that comes from big integrated amplifiers, but lack the space, check out Pro-Ject's MaiA DS. This tiny amp packs all of the features and punch you'd normally expect with a full-size amp, but in a form factor that can easily fit on a small shelf or tabletop. The super-compact MaiA DS is perfect for powering a pair of speakers to satisfying levels in a living room, bedroom, or home office.
With its built-in DAC (digital-to-analog converter), Bluetooth® streaming, plus an array of digital and analog inputs, the MaiA DS is ready to play beautiful music from a wide variety of sources such as smartphones, disc players, a TV, or a computer.
High-resolution sound, and more
The MaiA DS's built-in DAC faithfully renders your digital sources, including both PCM and DSD high-res music files. The asynchronous USB input provides a low-jitter connection for your computer to ensure the highest possible fidelity.
One coaxial and two optical digital audio inputs means this amp is also ready for CD and Blu-ray players, network streaming devices, and more. Four analog RCA inputs, including a phono input with a high-performance preamp for moving magnet or moving coil cartridges, provide plenty of connectivity for your legacy audio products. Plus, if you ever need more power or bass, it's easy to connect a powered subwoofer or outboard power amp using the MiaA DS's preamp outputs.
Pro-Ject MaiA DS
- 40 watts x 2 into 8 ohms
- 55 watts x 2 into 4 ohms
- 2 ohms drive capability for use with a wide range of speakers
- dual built-in TI PCM1796 24-bit/192kHz digital-to-analog converters
- asynchronous USB input for music playback from a computer (requires USB 2.0 audio driver for Windows® computers, CD included or free download)
- plays high-resolution digital music files from a connected computer (PCM files up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution, DSD files up to 11.2MHz)
- Bluetooth wireless connectivity for streaming music from compatible smartphones, tablets, and computers
- aptX® encoding provide high-quality music streaming from compatible devices
- 4 stereo RCA audio inputs, including a phono input (for use with moving magnet or moving coil cartridges)
- 2 Toslink optical digital inputs
- coaxial digital input
- fixed and variable RCA preamp outputs for a second zone amp
- mono RCA subwoofer output
- built-in headphone amplifier with full-size 1/4" output
- binding-post speaker terminals
- THD: 0.07% (@ 15 watts)
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz (+0dB, -0.5dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio (line level, moving magnet, moving coil): 90 dB/84 dB/75 dB
- 12-volt trigger input/output
- If connecting to a TV, please make sure you can select "PCM" output in your TV's audio menu. The built-in DAC cannot decode multi-channel Dolby® Digital signals.
- remote control
- 8-1/8"W x 2-7/8"H x 9-13/16"D
- weight: 3.42 lbs.