Analog quality plus digital convenience
The Pro-Ject Essential III RecordMaster lets you enjoy the rich, warm sounds of vinyl, and it includes a USB output so you can digitize your record collection and take the music with you. A free recording program like Audacity can help make the process easy and fun.
There's a built-in phono preamplifier, so you have setup options. Switch it to "line" to use it with the regular RCA aux input on just about any home audio system, or choose "phono" to use a separate phono preamp, a receiver with phono inputs, or to connect to a pair of powered speakers with a built-in phono preamp like the popular Klipsch R-51PMs.
Solid construction and good looks
The turntable's solid base and dense platter help keep unwanted vibrations from causing skips. A built-in Speed Box not only lets you select the proper RPM for your records, but ensures greater speed accuracy. And pushing a button to change speed sure beats manually adjusting a mechanical belt and pulley system.
And, no small thing, the Essential III RecordMaster looks good. You can choose from three high-gloss colors to match your decor.
Get up to speed quickly
Pro-Ject knows that turntable setup can be a challenge. The Essential III RecordMaster comes out of the box virtually ready to play. Its pre-matched, factory-mounted phono cartridge and tonearm take the guesswork out of installation, and give you optimized sound quality with minimal effort. A few simple steps to dial in key settings like tracking force and anti-skating are all it takes to get this 'table primed and ready to deliver spacious, detailed music.
Pro-Ject Essential III RecordMaster
- low-resonance 12" MDF platter with felt mat to protect records from scratches
- one-piece aluminum tonearm with sapphire bearings for superior rigidity and low resonance
- includes pre-mounted Ortofon OM10 moving magnet cartridge
- solid MDF base with shock absorbing feet
- integrated motor control with DC power supply for silent operation
- built-in switchable phono preamplifier
- USB output lets you digitize your record collection (no recording software included)
- 16-bit/48kHz output resolution for digital recording (not compatible with external DAC)
- fully manual operation
- 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds (electronic speed change)
- built-in Speed Box provides greater speed accuracy
- speed variance: 0.21% (at 33-1/3 RPM), 0.19% (at 45 RPM)
- wow and flutter: 0.7% (at 33-1/3 RPM), 0.6% (at 45 RPM)
- 16-9/16"W x 4-7/16"H (with dust cover down) x 13"D
- weight: 13.22 lbs.