What's new with the Carbon (DC)?
The first thing Pro-Ject did was to give the Debut Carbon (DC) a new power supply with a precision built-in frequency generator (like their Speed Box) — increasing the turntable's speed stability while decreasing unwanted motor vibration. This extra degree of accuracy and smoothness gives you a more focused stereo image, tighter bass, and greater detail than before. Then, Pro-Ject added new TPE (ThermoPlastic Elastomer) dampers to the motor mounts to better decouple and isolate it from the 'table's chassis, reducing motor noise and rumble to a bare minimum. The result is a turntable that delivers sonic performance rarely found on models in its price range.
Crafted for serious sound
The Debut Carbon (DC)'s one-piece carbon fiber tonearm provides greatly increased stiffness compared to typical aluminum tonearms, while reducing unwanted resonance that colors sound. The turntable's sturdy MDF chassis rests on shock absorbing rubber feet that provide a solid, low-resonance foundation. Its heavy 12" steel platter spins on a precision axle and bearing for excellent speed stability and smooth, silent rotation. The belt drive system and new TPE motor mounts isolate the motor's vibration from the chassis to prevent noise from being transferred to the cartridge, and on to your amplifier and speakers.
Get the best sound, without the hassle
Pro-Ject knows that turntable setup can be a challenge for the novice. That's why the Debut Carbon (DC) comes out of the box virtually ready to play. Its pre-matched, factory-mounted phono cartridge and tonearm take the guesswork out of installation, and give you optimized sound quality with minimal effort. A few simple steps to dial in key settings like tracking force and anti-skating, are all it takes to get this player primed and ready to deliver spacious, detailed music. If you've never experienced the relaxed sound that vinyl is famous for, what are you waiting for?
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon
- DC power supply with ultra-precision frequency DC-driven AC generator for outstanding speed stability
- upgraded motor suspension with TPE (ThermoPlastic Elastomer) damping for silent operation
- one-piece carbon fiber tonearm for superior rigidity and low resonance
- includes pre-mounted Ortofon 2M Red moving magnet cartridge
- heavy 12" steel platter with felt mat provides excellent speed stability and protects records from scratches
- precision stainless-steel bearing system for smooth, quiet platter rotation
- medium density fiberboard (MDF) base with four shock absorbing rubber feet
- synchronous AC motor decoupled from base for reduced vibration transmission
- manual operation with silicone-damped tonearm lift
- 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds (manual speed change)
- speed variation: ±0.8%
- wow and flutter: ±0.10%
- signal-to-noise ratio: 68dB
- frequency range (with included cartridge): 20-22,000 Hz
- channel separation (with included cartridge): >22dB
- gold-plated RCA audio jacks (47" Stereo RCA cable w/ ground wire included)
- external power supply reduces likelihood of electro-mechanical interference
- weight: 12.4 lbs.
- 16-3/8"W x 4-11/16"H (with dust cover down) x 13-1/8"D