Experience more magic in your music
This turntable is likely to be all many vinyl enthusiasts will ever need to find musical happiness. It offers fantastic performance that really lets you savor the warm, natural sound of your records. This high-performance turntable starts with all of the key construction and design elements that make the original 1XPression Carbon so great, then adds a couple of significant enhancements to make it even better.
What makes it a Classic?
The first thing Pro-Ject did was to give the 1Xpression Carbon Classic an upgraded platter. This finely balanced, heavy aluminum platter uses a sandwiched layer of Thermoplastic Elastomer (TPE) around its perimeter to fight performance-robbing resonance for a lower noise floor and blacker backgrounds. Then, Pro-Ject added an Ortofon 2M Silver cartridge. This advanced version of Ortofon's highly praised 2M cartridge design uses silver spools in the cartridge body to provide optimal signal generation for more precise sound. Bottom line — your music will sound deeper, richer, and more dynamic than ever.
Precision-built for high performance
What other goodies does the 1Xpression Carbon Classic offer that make your records sound their best? For starters, a high-performance, one-piece carbon fiber tonearm. Along with reducing resonance that can color sound, the arm's innovative low-friction gimbal bearing features a damped counterweight that knocks resonance down even further. The platter spins on a precision chrome-plated stainless steel and bronze bearing for smooth rotation and ultra-quiet operation. The decoupled, damped motor mount and belt drive system physically isolate vibration from the chassis to prevent motor noise from being audible through your sound system. An external power supply helps reduce the chance of hum and noise, and features an ultra-precise, DC-driven AC generator for enhanced speed accuracy. Finally, the 1-Xpression Carbon Classic's MDF chassis rests on rubber-damped aluminum cone feet for a solid, low-resonance foundation.
Get the best sound without the hassle
One of the great things about vinyl records is that they force you to slow down and become more actively involved in the process of listening. But Pro-Ject's 1-Xpression Carbon Classic won't slow you down much, because of its hassle-free plug 'n' play design. Pro-Ject knows that turntable setup can be a challenge for the novice. That's why this 'table comes out of the box virtually ready to play. Its factory-mounted tonearm and cartridge take the guesswork out of getting started, so you can enjoy optimized sound quality with minimal effort. A few minutes to dial in key settings like tracking force, anti-skating, and platter speed are all that's needed to experience the superior performance that's waiting for you on your favorite records.
Pro-Ject 1Xpression Carbon Classic
- one-piece carbon fiber tonearm with advanced bearing structure for superior rigidity and reduced resonance
- includes pre-mounted Ortofon 2M Silver moving magnet cartridge with silver spools in the cartridge body for exceptional resolution and detail
- heavy aluminum sandwich platter with TPE (Thermoplastic Elastomer) technology effectively damps unwanted resonance
- precision chrome-plated stainless steel and bronze bearing system with Teflon® bottom for smooth, quiet platter rotation
- felt and cork mats supplied to protect records from scratches
- medium density fiberboard (MDF) base with damped cone feet
- low-noise AC motor decoupled from base for reduced vibration transmission and better sound
- external power supply with ultra-precise DC-driven AC generator for speed stability
- manual operation with silicone-damped tonearm lift
- 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds (manual speed change)
- speed variance: 0.2% at 33-1/3 rpm , 0.18% at 45 rpm
- wow and flutter: 0.14% at 33-1/3 rpm, 0.13% at 45 rpm
- gold-plated RCA and ground terminal connectors (cable included)
- 16-3/8"W x 5"H (with dust cover down) x 13-1/8"D
- weight: 12.13 lbs.