A lot of receivers and amplifiers these days lack the phonograph input you need to hook up your turntable. And when manufacturers do include one, they sometimes use low-cost, low-performance circuitry that yields thin, lifeless results. NAD's PP 2e phono preamp takes advantage of high-quality, close-tolerance parts and a clean, simple design to give you the warm, richly detailed sound that vinyl is famous for.
It includes an external power supply that helps keep noise and interference away from sensitive electronics. And NAD gave the PP 2e an automatic standby function, which allows it to turn off when no signal is received, to help reduce energy consumption.
This preamp offers inputs for both moving magnet and moving coil cartridges, to ensure proper matching with virtually any turntable and cartridge combination.
NAD PP 2e
- compatible with moving magnet and moving coil phono cartridges
- signal-sensing auto power standby
- high-efficiency external power supply for reduced noise, interference, and power consumption
- gold-plated input and output jacks for reliable, corrosion-free connections
- LED power indicator
- gain: 35dB (MM), 60dB (MC)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 80dB (MM), 78dB (MC)
- rated distortion (THD 20-20,000 Hz): 0.03%
- RIAA response accuracy: +/- 0.3dB
- 5-3/8"W x 1-15/16"H x 3-5/8"D