High-res music with wireless convenience
Liberate the music trapped in your computer with NAD's DAC 2. This USB digital-to-analog converter gives you an easy way to send music wirelessly from your computer to your existing home theater or stereo, while providing clear, detailed sound. Anything that you can listen to on your PC or Mac® you can now enjoy on your best speakers. The DAC 2's two-piece design features point-to-point wireless technology that delivers uncompressed, full-bandwidth audio — including high-resolution music files up to 24-bit/96kHz. And because it's a closed wireless system, you don't even need a Wi-Fi® network to use it.
Simple to set up. Easy to use.
Right from the box, the DAC 2 is ready to play in just moments. Simply plug the included transmitter module into a USB port on your computer, and the DAC 2 becomes your PC's sound card. The transmitter bypasses all of the analog circuitry in your PC and transmits a digital signal directly to the receiver module that's connected to your hi-fi system. The digital signal then gets converted and sent as an analog signal to your stereo amplifier. The DAC 2 uses premium components in a proprietary circuit for accurate, musical sound. It also sports a coaxial digital output that allows downstream digital processing by a different DAC or a home theater receiver.
NAD DAC 2
- high-quality Burr-Brown op amps and digital-to-analog converter for detailed sound
- supports audio sample rates up to 96kHz/24-bit for streaming high-res music files
- wireless USB transmitter plugs into your computer
- Wi-Fi network not required — uses point-to-point 2.4GHz wireless technology for uncompressed, full-audio-bandwidth transmission
- built-in driver for USB connection
- stereo RCA and coaxial digital outputs for connection to a stereo or home theater system
- transmission range: up to 131 feet
- frequency response: 20Hz to 48kHz (± 0.5 dB)
- THD + Noise: 0.05%
- signal-to-noise ratio: greater than 80 dB
- external power supply with 58" cord included for DAC receiver
- 7" mini-USB (type-B) to USB (type-A) adapter cable for USB transmitter included
- 50" stereo audio RCA cable included
- 5-1/2"W x 2"H x 4-1/16"D (DAC receiver)
- 1-1/2"W x 5/8"H x 3-1/4"D (wireless transmitter)