What makes the MMF-7.3 sound so good? For starters, its two-piece, high-gloss black MDF chassis, or plinth, does more than just look beautiful — it also isolates vibrations that can smear sonic detail. The bottom platform is supported by height-adjustable tiptoe feet, while the top platform houses the turntable's critical sound reproducing components — the platter bearing, tonearm, and cartridge. The motor, power switch, speed control, and wiring are completely decoupled from the turntable and isolated on their own separate vibration-damping puck. Music Hall even placed the motor at the front of the 'table diagonally opposite the tonearm bearing, to further reduce any motor-to-cartridge vibration.
Sorbothane® isolation orbs separate the two platforms, virtually eliminating transmitted vibration, for sound that leaps out at you from a dead-silent background. The 'table's non-resonant acrylic platter spins on a precision stainless steel bearing sheathed in a layer of Teflon® for smooth, steady rotation. The supplied screw-on record clamp ensures tight coupling of your records to the platter, and improves playback of warped discs.
The MMF-7.3's low-mass carbon fiber tonearm boasts rigid, one-piece construction and a decoupled, resonance-damping counterweight for exceptionally low-noise operation. The lengthy 9" arm allows for a very shallow tracking arc across the record, helping to reduce distortion.
Music Hall MMF-7.3
- dual-plinth construction separated by Sorbothane® isolation orbs reduces vibration for silent operation
- non-resonant acrylic platter with soft felt mat and screw-on record clamp
- one-piece full carbon fiber tonearm with highly flexible internal wire drawn from high purity copper
- includes pre-mounted Ortofon 2M Bronze moving magnet cartridge with replaceable nude fine line diamond stylus
- adjustable vertical tracking angle (VTA) and azimuth for optimized playback performance and cartridge flexibility
- Teflon® sheathed stainless steel main bearing for smooth, quiet platter rotation
- adjustable tiptoe feet with anti scratch cups
- built-in spirit level to ensure precise installation
- completely isolated and decoupled DC motor sits on its own resonance damping puck for reduced vibration transmission
- front motor position eliminates motor-to-cartridge vibration
- low-noise fully manual belt-drive design
- high-gloss piano black lacquer finish
- 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds with electronic push-button speed change
- speed variance: ±0.06%
- wow and flutter: ±0.1%
- rumble (max): greater than -73dB
- effective tonearm length: 9"
- effective tonearm mass: 8.5 grams
- high-quality gold RCA connectors and detachable phono cable
- external power supply reduces likelihood of electro-mechanical interference
- includes dust cover, metal screw-on record clamp, felt record mat, and 45 rpm adapter
- 18-1/4"W x 5-1/2"H x 13-1/4"D (with dust cover closed)