Mobile Fidelity asked some legendary designers to weigh in on the details of the UltraDeck, because they know details matter to audiophiles. They used a dense, noise-reducing polymer called Delrin® to make the platter, and had a former NASA consultant design the 'table's unique anti-vibration feet. A clever inverted bearing system makes the platter spin flawlessly.
They also worked hard to foolproof the initial setup process by simplifying placement of the counterweight and anti-skating weight. To make things even easier, the Mobile Fidelity UltraPhono phono stage with headphone amplifier and its little brother, the StudioPhono without headphone amplifier, are both perfectly matched to this turntable — straight out of the box.
Mobile Fidelity UltraDeck
- made in the U.S.A.
- 10-inch straight Ultra aluminum gimbaled bearing tonearm for smooth tracking
- adjustable tracking force, vertical tracking angle, azimuth, and anti-skate
- 300 RPM stepped-pulley AC motor provides excellent speed stability
- plinth: three aluminum plates bonded to a solid MDF body
- includes pre-mounted MoFi UltraTracker moving magnet cartridge
- nude elliptical diamond stylus features excellent tracking ability
- solid 1-5/16" Delrin® polymer platter
- Cardas Audio wiring maintains pristine signal purity throughout the signal path
- steel inverted bearing system for smooth, quiet platter rotation
- unique MoFi anti-vibration feet isolate your turntable from sound-muddying vibrations
- 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds (manual speed change)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 74dB
- wow and flutter: 0.017-0.025%
- gold-plated RCA and ground terminal connectors (cable included)
- 19-3/4"W x 6"H x 14-1/4"D
- weight: 23.1 lbs.