Beautiful inside and out
With its flawless high-gloss finish, gently tapered cabinet, and handsome perforated magnetic steel grille, one could be forgiven for mistaking the MartinLogan Motion 35XT as a beautiful piece of furniture. But one listen will tell you this speaker's beauty runs far deeper. As MartinLogan's most potent bookshelf speaker, the 35XT dazzles with its dynamic, impactful, and transparent sound. And as a member of MartinLogan's award-winning Motion® series, this speaker takes advantage of advanced technologies like the Folded Motion™ XT tweeter, sophisticated crossovers, and custom bi-wire binding posts.
Folded Motion XT tweeter for detailed sound
MartinLogan's innovative Folded Motion XT tweeter uses a pleated diaphragm that works similarly to an accordion by "squeezing" air to create sound. Because it requires almost 90% less excursion than the typical 1" dome tweeter, response time is drastically reduced along with distortion. The diaphragm's increased surface area also provides wide, yet controlled sound dispersion to create a realistic and highly accurate soundstage. Music sounds amazingly detailed, but smooth and effortless, without a trace of harshness. And the XT tweeter boasts a 40% larger radiating surface area than that of ML's standard Folded Motion design, for even greater bandwidth and efficiency.
Bass that keeps pace
The Motion 35XT uses a low-distortion 6-1/2" aluminum cone woofer to supply fast, clean midrange and powerful bass performance that blend in seamlessly with the Folded Motion XT tweeter. A low-turbulence rear-firing port extends bass performance, but keeps it tight and tuneful.
MartinLogan Motion 35XT
- 1.25" x 2.4" Folded Motion™ XT tweeter for exceptional musical detail with low distortion
- 6-1/2" aluminum-cone woofer with cast polymer basket for powerful, accurate bass
- bass-reflex (ported) enclosure
- high-precision, audiophile-grade crossover network
- frequency response: 50-25,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity: 92 dB
- impedance: 4 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: 20-250 watts
- custom 5-way bi-wire binding posts
- perforated steel grille attaches magnetically to cabinet
- 7-11/16"W x 13-9/16"H x 11-13/16"D
- weight: 18.5 lbs.