Not just another amp
Sound that's warm, inviting, and wide open. That's what Marantz amplifiers have long been known for in audiophile circles. Their PM5005 integrated amplifier is a great introduction to this experience, offering sublime performance at an entry-level price. When you connect your sources and stereo speakers, you'll learn that not all amps are created equal.
Sophisticated design yields sweet sound
What's the secret to Marantz's legendary sound? Like their high-end amps, the PM5005 employs their unique Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module and current feedback architecture. This type of amplifier design is very fast and accurate, even when driving difficult speaker loads. This results in beautifully balanced stereo sound with a wide open soundstage. It also helps maintain extremely low distortion at high volume, so you can push your speakers a bit more than you could with less agile amps.
The PM5005 has six stereo analog inputs, including a phono input for connecting a turntable, and two sets of recording outputs. Eight binding posts allow connection of two sets of stereo speakers with front-panel A/B switching for use with speakers in two rooms.
- 40 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (40-20,000 Hz) at 0.01% THD
- 55 watts x 2 channels into 4 ohms (40-20,000 Hz)
- 4-ohm capability allows use with a wide range of speakers
- current feedback amplification and Marantz's Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module circuits offer accuracy, control, and a wide soundstage under high- and low-drive conditions
- front-panel tone controls (treble and bass)
- Source Direct mode bypasses tone control circuits for cleaner sound
- loudness mode improves high- and low-frequency response at low volume levels
- 4 stereo RCA audio inputs, including a phono input (for use with a moving magnet cartridge)
- 2 sets of stereo RCA recording input/output loops
- 1/4" headphone output
- binding posts and front-panel A/B switching for two pairs of speakers
- 3 rear-panel AC outlets for powering other components (2 switched, 1 unswitched)
- metal chassis and front panel minimize distortion-induced vibration for cleaner sound
- frequency response 10-50,000 Hz (+0dB, -1dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 102 dB (line in), 83 dB (phono)
- remote control in/out
- detachable power cord
- 17-3/8"W x 4-3/16"H x 14-9/16"D
- weight: 14.8 lbs.