An anniversary gift for audiophiles
Engineer Ken Ishiwata celebrated his 40 years of excellence at Marantz by designing this versatile, elegant, and powerful amplifier. The Marantz PM-KI Ruby generates 100 watts x 2 channels, and it's 4-ohm stable, so it can drive a wide range of speakers well. It features a fully discrete two-stage design with separate power supplies for the pre-amplifier and power amp, and the Marantz FCBS (Floating Control Bus System) lets you link and control up to three subordinate Ruby amps in additional zones.
This amp is a dream for analog-loving audiophiles. There are six stereo RCA audio inputs on the back, including a phono input for use with moving coil or moving magnet cartridges. There's also a switch that lets you choose whether the amp will be used in basic stereo mode, or with a second PM-KI Ruby to bi-amp compatible speakers. The amp's preamplifier stage provides exceptional sound quality and performance, thanks to proprietary HDAM® SA3 circuitry.
Marantz PM-KI Ruby
- 100 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.05% THD
- 4-ohm stable for use with a wide range of speakers
- fully discrete two-stage design with separate power supplies for the pre-amplifier and power amp
- high-resolution preamplifier stage with proprietary HDAM® SA3 technology
- signal-to-noise ratio: 107 dB
- phono signal-to-noise ratio: 88 dB with MM cartridge, 75 dB with MC cartridge
- Marantz FCBS (Floating Control Bus System) lets you link and control up to three subordinate Ruby amps
- laser-engraved Ken Ishiwata signature and Ruby motif
- remote control included
- 6 stereo RCA audio inputs, including a phono input (for use with moving coil or moving magnet cartridges)
- stereo RCA preamp input and selectable "Power Amp" mode for connecting a separate preamplifier
- 2 stereo RCA audio outputs
- 3.5mm input/output for FCBS
- single RCA input/output for control of compatible Marantz components
- 1 pair of binding post speaker connectors
- 17-3/8"W x 5"H x 17-7/8"D
- weight: 34.6 lbs.