Crystal-clear CD sound
Year after year, our customers give Marantz CD players top marks for their outstanding performance. Comments such as "Full of detail, yet alway warm and inviting to the ear" and "Excellent machine. Great sound and nice looks, too," constantly appear on our user review pages. And based on our own extensive listening, we have to agree! Marantz CD players are impressive. If you think that all CD players sound alike, you owe it to yourself to audition the Marantz CD5005. It's the kind of player that will keep you listening late into the night, rediscovering every disc in your collection. It offers a hard-to-find combination of superb audio performance, understated good looks, and affordability.
The devil is in the details
The CD5005's handsome, minimalist-style chassis is solidly built and beautifully finished. Its thick, aluminum/fiberglass faceplate and metal chassis provide a strong frame to help eliminate vibrations that can adversely affect sound quality. Inside, you'll find a precision Cirrus Logic CS4398 DAC and new CD mechanism — both borrowed from its big brother, the CD6005. Marantz also included circuitry refinements and specially selected parts straight out of their high-end Reference Series playbook, such as high-quality capacitors in the audio signal path for superior transient speed and better bass response. All of these design decisions add up to highly involving sound that reaches out to grab you from a dead-silent background.
Other cool extras
Music enthusiasts will love the CD5005's Audio EX mode. It mutes the digital audio outputs and turns off the display and pitch control. By eliminating these potential noise sources, the CD5005 delivers pristine sound quality. Headphone listeners will also appreciate the built-in, high-grade headphone amplifier for private listening sessions. Marantz even uses widely spaced, gold-plated RCA jacks that won't cramp the heavy-duty connectors found on high-quality cables.
- plays CDs, CD-Rs & CD-RWs, and MP3 & WMA CDs
- 192kHz/24-bit Cirrus Logic CS4398 digital-to-analog converter for exceptional sound quality
- ELNA Silmic and Cerafine audio-grade capacitors used in signal path for faster transients and better bass response
- Marantz HDAM® (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module)-SA2 used in analog circuitry for faster signal transfer and better transient response
- high-performance, centralized disc mechanism resists vibration for improved sound quality
- aluminum/fiberglass front panel for vibration resistance
- Audio EX mode switches off functions such as digital output and pitch control for cleaner sound
- variable pitch control allows music CD playback at different speeds
- Toslink optical and RCA coaxial digital audio output for connecting to a separate digital-to-analog converter
- gold-plated RCA analog output jacks
- headphone jack with front-panel volume control
- remote control input/output (for use with Marantz receivers and amps with a compatible remote control in/out jack)
- signal-to-noise ratio 110 dB
- dynamic range: 100 dB
- detachable power cable
- 17-3/8"W x 4-3/16"H x 13-5/16"D
- weight: 11 lbs.