Flagship tower performance
You'd be hard-pressed to find a series of speakers more popular with our customers over the years than Klipsch Reference Premiere. And there's a good reason for that: they deliver dynamic, high-impact sound that brings movies and music to life. The RP-8000F is the flagship tower in the company's new Reference Premiere lineup, and features two 8" spun-copper woofers for deep, powerful bass and midrange. It also sports Klipsch's signature 1" horn-loaded tweeter for smooth, detailed highs.
Hybrid horn technology for dynamic performance
Horn technology is one of Klipsch's long-standing hallmarks. Flared openings in the speaker cabinet project sound waves toward your listening area and prevent them from simply spilling out in all directions. This design reduces reflections that can color the sound, and boosts dynamics and efficiency for powerful, "front row" sound that remains crystal-clear at all volume levels.
Klipsch's Tractrix® horn features a circular throat around an advanced titanium diaphragm tweeter that transitions into a square 90º x 90º mouth. This unique shape provides a cleaner, more efficient transition of sound waves into your listening space. The result is a wide listening "sweet spot" with precise placement of instruments and vocals.
A horn that enhances bass, too
Take a look at the back of the RP-8000F and you'll find that instead of the conventional round port tube found on many speakers, Klipsch uses a Tractrix horn-shaped opening for smoother, more efficient airflow in and out of the cabinet. The resulting decrease in air turbulence makes for cleaner, more powerful bass with reduced port noise and low-frequency distortion.
Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-8000F
- 1" LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) titanium diaphragm tweeter with Tractrix® horn
- dual 8" Cerametallic™ cone woofers with rigid and lightweight voice coils
- frequency response: 32-25,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity: 98 dB
- power handling: up to 150 watts RMS (600 watts peak)
- impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- bass-reflex design with rear-firing Tractrix port
- magnetically attached grille for a clean, streamlined look
- walnut vinyl finish with scratch-resistant design
- 5-way binding post speaker terminals
- two sets of input terminals allow bi-amping or bi-wiring
- 10-15/16"W x 43-1/8"H x 17-9/16"D
- weight: 60 lbs.