A modern take on a time-honored design
Since that day long ago, Klipsch has tweaked and fine-tuned their classic design to create the Heresy III. A more powerful woofer, large-magnet titanium diaphragm tweeter, and new titanium diaphragm midrange compression driver all work together to give this speaker a thoroughly up-to-date sound. Klipsch also added dual speaker inputs to allow bi-wiring or bi-amping for even greater performance levels. And they increased the Heresey's already high-efficiency design by 3 dB to an impressive 99 dB — making them an excellent choice for low- and medium-powered tube amps.
Just about the only thing that hasn't changed is the quality. Klipsch still makes the Heresy one at a time by hand in Hope, Arkansas. Each speaker is available in a beautiful Cherry, Walnut, or Black Ash lacquered wood veneer finish, and includes an angled riser base for floor placement that can be removed for custom installations.
Klipsch Heresy III
- handmade in Hope, Arkansas
- three-way design with acoustic suspension (sealed) enclosure
- frequency response: 58-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- power handling: 100 watts max continuous (400W peak)
- sensitivity: 99 dB (1 watt/1 meter)
- maximum acoustic output: 116dB SPL
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- tweeter: 1" titanium-diaphragm compression driver with Tractrix® horn
- midrange: 1-3/4" titanium-diaphragm compression driver with exponential horn
- woofer: 12" fiber-composite cone
- real wood veneer finish
- dual gold-plated speaker binding posts (bi-wire capable)
- 15-1/2"W x 23-7/8"H x 13-7/16"D
- weight: 44 lbs.