An all-around great speaker
I took KEF EGG speakers home to audition, and I was reallyreluctant to return them at the end of the week. These versatile speakers have a sophisticated look and a high-performance sound to match.
I can stream music directly from my smartphone via Bluetooth, or plug the speakers into my computer's USB port and play high-resolution music files. I can use them with a small flat-panel TV for better sound from my movies and TV shows. I can even use the EGG's stereo minijack input to play songs from my ancient iPod®.
High-fidelity music from your computer
The EGG system also has a USB Type B input for connecting your PC or Mac®. This direct digital connection bypasses your computer's sound card and lets the EGG's built-in high-performance digital-to-analog converter (DAC) take over. This ensures cleaner, more accurate sound from your digital music files and streaming sources — especially from high-resolution files like those sold through HDtracks.
A unique sound system
The EGG system uses KEF's award-winning Uni-Q™ driver array. The central tweeter dome is nestled inside the driver, decoupled from the outer cone. This allows the tweeter and the driver to move independently. And because both have the same center point, the result is greater definition and accuracy in the highs, as well as the mid-range.
Great for TV, too
The speakers also feature an optical digital audio input, so you can run digital sound from your TV directly to the EGGs — an ideal setup for watching videos in a bedroom or guest room. A subwoofer output lets you add a powered sub to make movie soundtracks really come to life.
- built-in Bluetooth streams music wirelessly from your smartphone, tablet, or other compatible device
- Bluetooth 4.0 including aptX technology for high-fidelity streaming with compatible devices
- built-in 24-bit/96kHz DAC
- optical digital audio input (2-channel PCM only)
- USB Type B input for connecting your Mac® or PC (no software to install)
- stereo minijack input for portables
- 3.5mm output for connecting optional powered subwoofer (sub and cable not included)
- requires AC power (AC adapter provided)
- speaker dimensions: 5-7/16"W x 12-11/16"H x 6-7/16"D
- weight: 9.48 lbs.