Treat your high-res music files right
The Denon PMA-1600NE provides good, clean power to drive your stereo speakers, and it's designed to do full justice to high-resolution music files. There are two optical inputs and one coaxial input for connecting digital sources, and an internal digital-to-analog converter that handles audio signals up to 24-bit/192 kHz resolution. The Type-B USB input on the back of the amp is even more impressive — it's compatible with streams and files up to 32-bit/384 kHz resolution.
Going the extra mile
Much of what makes this amp special is out of sight inside the chassis. Internal construction begins with six separate blocks, isolating circuits to eliminate interference. An Advanced Ultra High Current single push-pull circuit provides efficient high-current power, and a DAC master clock eliminates digital jitter that can smear the subtle details in your favorite tunes.
One nice touch that is visible on the front of the amp is a fluorescent display panel that shows source and sampling rate. You'll likely get plenty of use out of the 1/4" headphone jack and included remote, too.
Special features for vinyl lovers
If you have a treasure trove of beloved records, the PMA-1600NE features a built-in phono preamplifier that's compatible with moving coil and moving magnet cartridges. Analog Mode disables the amp's digital circuitry to preserve the warmth of analog sound.
- 70 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.07% THD
- 140 watts x 2 channels into 4 ohms (20-20,000 Hz)
- 4-ohm capability allows use with a wide range of speakers
- built-in DAC supports high-resolution audio files
- DAC master clock eliminates digital jitter
- Advanced AL32 Processing Plus enhances compressed digital files
- built-in phono preamp compatible with moving coil and moving magnet cartridges
- Source Direct mode bypasses tone control circuits for cleaner sound
- Analog Mode disables digital circuitry for warm all-analog sound
- Advanced Ultra High Current single push-pull circuit power amplifier
- front-panel display shows source and sample rate
- internal chassis with six independent blocks eliminates interference between circuits
- front-panel tone controls (treble and bass)
- 2 optical and 1 coaxial digital audio inputs
- stereo RCA audio outputs for recording
- rear-panel Type-B USB supports high-resolution PCM files up to 32-bit/384kHz or 11.2 MHz DSD
- built-in headphone amplifier with full-size (1/4-inch) jack
- binding posts and front-panel A/B switching for two pairs of speakers
- signal-to-noise ratio: 108 dB (line in), 89 dB (moving magnet), 74 dB (moving coil)
- remote control included
- 17-1/8"W x 5-5/16"H x 16-5/16"D
- weight: 38.8 lbs.