Add a little magic to your music
Whether it's a CD player, computer, digital music streamer, or set-top box, here's a fantastic way to improve the sound quality coming from any of these digital sources. Simply plug the DacMagic 100 digital-to-analog converter in between your source's digital audio output and your receiver, amp, or powered speakers. You'll instantly hear greater detail and clarity, plus a real sense of scale and drama. This versatile little DAC will bypass the one inside your PC or audio component, and magically transform those cold hard zeroes and ones into warm, organic sound.
There's magic on the inside
The DacMagic 100 comes packed with high-tech engineering designed to extract better sound from all your digital sources. Its latest-generation Wolfson DAC provides superb resolution that really brings out the fine details in your tunes, for a truly breathtaking listening experience.
Asynchronous USB means better sound from your computer
Standard USB outputs from most computers pose a serious limitation to sound quality. That's because while you're trying to listen to music, your PC is busy performing virus scans, data backup, and other background tasks that may take priority over your tunes, causing it to alter the data rate to suit its own needs. Unfortunately, this situation results in timing errors within the digital data stream — known as "jitter" — that adversely affects sound quality. Jitter can make your music sound harsh and edgy, and smear subtle details.
The DacMagic 100 solves this problem by reaching out to your computer through the USB interface, and instructing it to relinquish control of the data stream timing. In its place, this advanced DAC inserts its own separate, or asynchronous, clock to precisely control the timing of the data rate, reducing jitter to the vanishing point. You'll hear a stunning improvement in low-level ambient detail along with a wider, deeper soundstage.
Enjoy full-resolution USB audio
Along with all the sonic benefits the DacMagic 100 provides for your compressed and CD-quality music files, it also has another trick up its sleeve — it decodes high-resolution data streams with up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution through its USB connection, so you can enjoy better-than-CD audio quality.
Plenty of connections for your gear
DacMagic 100 lets you connect multiple digital source components to your home audio or desktop system:
- two coaxial digital inputs: ideal for connecting a CD or DVD player, Logitech Squeezebox™ Touch, Sonos® Connect, or any other digital audio component with coax out, and taking advantage of the DacMagic 100's high-performance processor for better sound.
- one optical digital input: ready to take on a set-top box, most HDTVs, a game console, or other digital audio sources with optical digital output, and feed a high-quality audio signal into your stereo system.
- Type B USB jack feeds digital audio from your computer into the DacMagic 100's onboard digital-to-analog converter, bypassing your computer's sound card to yield much clearer sound with stored music files and Internet radio.
A pair of gold-plated RCA outputs lets you connect the DacMagic 100 to your home audio system's receiver or integrated amp. Or feed a set of powered speakers for a high-end, compact desktop stereo.
Cambridge Audio DacMagic 100
- latest-generation Wolfson Microelectronics 8742 24-bit digital-to-analog converter
- asynchronous USB technology for reduced timing jitter and better sound with computer audio sources
- incoming sampling rate indicator helps verify source quality
- full-metal case design with thick brushed aluminum front panel
- ground lift switch to eliminate potential ground hum
- three digital audio inputs: one optical (Toslink) and 2 RCA coaxial (S/PDIF)
- USB (Type B) input for connection to a computer
- supported sample rates:
- USB: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, and 96kHz (24-bit/192kHz supported with downloaded USB driver and WASAPI, ASIO, or kernel streaming modes)
- optical: 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, and 192kHz
- coaxial: 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, and 192kHz
- built-in driver for USB 1.0 connection (up to 24-bit/96kHz)
- dedicated Cambridge Audio USB 2.0 driver required for 24-bit/192kHz playback on a Windows® PC (free USB driver downloadavailable from Cambridge Audio website)
- Mac OSX 10.5 or later supports 24-bit/192kHz USB output natively, so no dedicated driver is required
- frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz (±0.1 dB)
- THD: less than 0.0025%
- signal-to-noise ratio: 113 dB
- external power supply included
- 4-1/4"W x 1-13/16"H x 6-1/16"D
- weight: 1.1 lbs. (without power supply)