A top-notch CD transport...
Most CD players combine a transport that reads your discs with a digital-to-analog converter and other electronics to process the digital bits into sound. That combo approach works out pretty well most of the time, but when you really want the best possible sound quality, separate components for these two tasks are the way to go.
The Cambridge Audio CXC transport is a true CD specialist. It's designed to do only one thing — read your compact discs with the utmost precision. This single-purpose design allows it to deliver digital data to an outboard DAC with no interference from internal analog circuitry. And instead of using a multi-purpose computer drive like some CD players, the CXC incorporates Cambridge Audio's dedicated S3 servo drive mechanism to provide state-of-the-art error correction and minimal jitter. You'll hear more detail and impact from your music CDs when you play them on this transport.
...deserves top-shelf processing and power
While the CXC works perfectly well with any high-quality digital-to-analog converter, it makes a brilliant partner for Cambridge Audio's CXA60 or CXA80 integrated amplifiers. Pairing either of these amps and their built-in, high-quality Wolfson DACs together with the CXC CD transport will deliver detail and clarity from your disc collection that will astound you.
Cambridge Audio CXC
- plays audio CDs, CD-Rs and CD-RWs
- proprietary Cambridge Audio S3 Custom CD Servo™ drive mechanism provides maximum data retrieval with state-of-the-art error correction and minimal jitter
- all printed circuit boards use double-sided, surface mounted components for ultra-short signal paths and optimum sound quality
- audiophile-grade toroidal transformer for ultra-low noise and distortion
- all-metal chassis to eliminate performance-robbing vibration
- 1 coaxial digital audio output
- 1 optical (Toslink) digital audio output
- C-BUS RCA connection for remote operation with other compatible Cambridge Audio components
- remote control
- detachable power cable
- 16-15/16"W x 3-1/4"H x 14-1/4"D
- weight: 10.3 lbs.