Put a concert on your desktop
Audioengine's original A2 powered speakers have been putting big smiles on our customer's faces for years. Their rich, musical sound, impressive build quality, and attractive, desktop-friendly design have earned them many well-deserved accolades. Placed alongside your computer monitor, these little gems could breathe life into your favorite musical performances. So wouldn't it be a little crazy to change something that delivers such terrific sound and value? I mean, why mess with success, right?
Audioengine did. They took everything that people loved about the original A2 and added even more flexibility and performance. But as the folks from Audioengine themselves say — "Even if you're not an audio enthusiast, we guarantee you will still hear a difference!" We think you will, too.
A pocket full of upgrades
So exactly how did Audioengine make a great speaker even better? First and foremost they gave the A2+ a USB port for making a direct digital connection to your computer. That connection bypasses your computer's built-in sound card (a low-cost afterthought on most PCs) as well as the underwhelming headphone jack circuitry. In its place, the speaker's own high-quality, built-in DAC (digital-to-analog converter) processes your music files, giving you far greater fidelity and reducing the potential for noise and interference that can degrade sound quality.
Audioengine also gave the A2+ variable audio output jacks. That makes it easy to add an optional powered subwoofer if you crave more bass, or even send audio wirelessly to another pair of powered speakers or a sub using Audioengine's optional W3 wireless adapter. Other thoughtful improvements include upgrades to the power supply, speaker connectors, and accessory cables to further improve sound quality. Audioengine even gave the A2+ threaded metal inserts for easier wall mounting with optional speaker brackets.
- powered stereo speakers
- USB input and built-in Burr-Brown DAC let you bypass your computer's sound card for better performance (works with Mac or PC, no software to install)
- accepts music files up to 16-bit/48kHz
- variable audio output for connecting a subwoofer or wirelessly sending audio to other speakers with the optional W3 wireless adapter
- two 15-watt RMS amplifiers built into left speaker
- frequency response: 65-22,000 Hz (±2 dB)
- each speaker features:
- one 3/4" silk dome tweeter
- one 2-3/4" Kevlar mid/woofer
- video-shielded to prevent interference in tube TVs and monitors
- rear-panel volume control
- gold-plated binding post speaker terminals (6-1/2' cable included to connect left and right speaker together)
- USB input (USB type-A to USB type-B cable included)
- minijack stereo input (mini-to-mini cable included)
- stereo RCA audio input and output
- AC power cord and outboard power supply
- bottom-mount threaded inserts for optional wall brackets
- 4-3/16"W x 6-1/4"H x 5-5/8"D (7"D with power cord)